Monday, April 5, 2010

PLAN OF THE DAY




The best kept secret in Florence? Whilst heading over to Roberto Ugolini's bespoke shop, my daughter and I stumbled upon this shoe 'outlet' two bridges down from the Pointe Vecchio (Pointe alla Carraia). Mostly men's shoes with a small room for the ladies - but great VALUE. I don't know this Italian manufacurer -OtiSopse -but they are everywhere and popular. Obviously mass-produced, but the quality was good. The men's shoes were either 39 or 49 Euros. I picked up this pair of suede monk-straps (functional monk) for 39 Euros. Not bad for a daily beater pair of shoes. I threw out my worn pair of Bass suedes at the hotel so it was a one-for-one. We were hustled out promptly at 1:00pm for reposo. The guy running it - a cousin of Pauly Walnuts - grabbed my cash and made his pencil entry in a little blue book (obviously not the one that the Berlusconi government uses as tax revenue). Don't let the graffiti ruin the mood!

No comments:

Post a Comment